Friday, April 20, 2012

P52 Week #16 : Things That Grow: Crawfish Boil




Crawfish, Crawdads, Mudbugs...
Every year, my dad helps out
 his friend, Tim, with his company crawfish boil.
So we get to come!!
:)
I love me some mudbugs.
Mr. Cook-Man
a.k.a. My Daddy

Silly Daddy! Hot sauce is for food!

Dishin' out the mudbugs.

Behold! My glorious tray of crawfish!




Playin' with the food...

My mother just doesn't know what to do with me.
I think she gave up. haha

I convinced Carissa to eat some! And she liked them!
Muahaha!





This year, many of them were huge!! Borderline lobster!!

Playin' with the food some more...

But look how big some are!! 

They've really grown in size...

Is that too much of a stretch?

Bahahaha...


And my favorite shot of the day...


project 52 p52 my3boybarians.com

4 comments:

  1. These photos are great fun. I love the intense red. THey make me wish I could eat fish or shellfish - I'm allergic - thank you for sharing them.

    Great post.

    http://www.saltandsparkle.com/home/2012/4/20/alone-together.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore lobster, but I have never had crawfish. Is the taste similar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think crawfish is more like a step up from shrimp. (but I personally hate shrimp.) It's cooked in Cajun spices, so it is really spicy. Most people who don't like it, hate it because they can't get past how you eat it. My mom is one of those people, but she'll eat it in ettoufee.

      Delete