Friday, February 17, 2012

Just Keep Running, Just Keep Running

all nice and sweaty after a run... Carissa wants you to notice her running belt!!!!



Last Saturday I ran 8.5 miles in 85 minutes!! This is a HUGE accomplishment for me.  I had never done that before!

But this great feat did not happen without adversity pressuring me to stop, to give up.  There is no way I could have made it without my running buddy, Carissa.

Although the temperature was in the 50s, we still got out to run.

Though our faces and ears were frozen the first 25 minutes, we kept running.

I got tired, but we chugged that Cytomax and water and kept running.

From minutes 40-65, my right foot totally went numb.  I seriously could only feel my ankle, but able to still run.  Carissa encouraged (more like told) me to keep running.

At every hill, I met it with determination and defeated that sucker all the way to the top.

The last 20 minutes were so slow and exhausting, but I finished my run.

There is no where I could have fought through that run without Carissa.  She was a great cheerleader and friend.  These trials, some expected and others unexpected, that manifested during my run could have easily beat me.  I could have quit. So. Easily.  

This experience reminds me of our lives.  In our races of life, we will meet adversity.  Who will we turn to? Will you turn to the Savior to bear your burdens? Will you pray to your Heavenly Father to ask for help and guidance?

But most importantly, will you finish the run?
Or will you give up?  



Now some scripture candy.  Sorry, the best scriptures I found are either from the Book of Mormon or the Doctrine and Covenants.

For as Alma tells his son Helaman: "for I do know that whosoever shall put their trust in God shall be supported in their trials, and their troubles, and their afflictions, and shall be lifted up at the last day." (Alma 36:3)

D & C 50:5 "But blessed are they who are faithful and endure, whether in life or in death, for they shall inherit eternal life."

D&C 58:2-4 "For verily I say unto you, blessed is he that keepeth my commandments... he that is faithful in tribulation, the reward of the same is greater in the kingdom of heaven.
        "Ye cannot behold with your natural eyes, for the present time, the design of your God concerning those things which shallcome hereafter, and the glory which shall follow after tribulation.
        "For after much tribulation come the blessings.  Wherefore the day cometh that ye shall be crowned with much glory; the hour is not yet, but is nigh at hand."

D&C 121:7-8 "My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes."



Our trials will not last for forever, but our blessings can be eternal.  We may not understand the "why" of the trial at that small moment, but Heavenly Father has His divine purpose.  We have come to this life to learn and grow within ourselves and strengthen our testimonies.
The Savior suffered for our sins and afflictions, so He can help us.  Lean on Him and trust Him.  I promise He won't let you down.  Envelope yourself in that comfort.

And remember, "Just keep running" or erhhh... "Swimming" haha



No comments:

Post a Comment