Friday, February 10, 2012

P52 Week #6: Drink Up!


I am currently training for the Rodeo Run 10K race in downtown Houston this month.

Running has never been particularly my strong suit.  I'm more into strength training
and cardio fitness classes.  Oh ya, I'm into boxing and kickboxing, 3 hour volleyball practices,
lifting weights, step classes,...

but running?!

No one to yell at you? No changing up of a routine.

How monotonous!

Even in my buff volleyball player glory days I didn't really care for running.

Even my body doesn't like running.  In track, I kept to the jumpers. (I did long and triple jump.)  My body is built to do short burst of energy.  It likes sprints and power reps.  It's
just how I was made. 

Well, my work out partner, Carissa, convinced to start running and training for the race with her.  Check out her blog Endure to the End. (the link is in the sidebar)

Running is such a mental sport.

Your mind needs to be trained as well.

If you want to take up running, I highly suggest you find yourself a running partner.


Anyhoo, last week my running partner, Carissa, and I ran a loop around our school.  The area is super hilly and such.  It was so hard!!  At 4 1/2 miles and 45 minutes of constant running up and down hills I totally pooped out.

I simply ran out of gas.

I was so disappointed in myself.  My race of 6.2 miles is on February 25th!!! What was wrong with me?! Why was I running out of energy? Should I just quit? give up?

UHH....NO!

Nah-uh. Not this girly. No ma'am.

So increased my training.  I bought protein shakes and Cliff bars...

so Drink it Up, ladies!! I'm not giving up on my goal. Are you?



And when you're shaking out those muscles and feelin' strong, just don't shake your protein shake too much...

Or this happens.

Oops.


Sticky stuff got everwhere!

So remember,
shake out those negative thoughts. Shake out those tired, sore muscles.

And enjoy the run.  And the drink. :) 


Is anyone else on a super Florence + the Machine kick?

Shake it out, shake it out, shake it out, shake it out, ooh woaaah
Shake it out, shake it out, shake it out, shake it out, ooh woaaaah


And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back
So shake him off, oh woah



I am done with my graceless heart
So tonight I'm gonna cut it out and then restart
Cause I like to keep my issues strong
It's always darkest before the dawn


Shake it out, shake it out, shake it out, shake it out, ooh woaaah
Shake it out, shake it out, shake it out, shake it out, ooh woaaah


And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back
So shake him off, oh woah



And given half the chance would I take any of it back
It's a final mess but it's left me so empty
It's always darkest before the dawn



Oh woah, oh woah...



project 52 p52 my3boybarians.com

1 comment:

  1. Good luck to you with your race. You have the determination to do it.

    ReplyDelete